Because I've been craving it....
I love eggs. My mother has chickens and once in a while I'm blessed with those magnificent porcelain treasures. I can even tell the difference from the grocery store and farm-fresh eggs. They're so much richer and full of flavor. I do recommend them for this recipe... or any recipe.
Another great recipe for Mother's Day breakfast!
Savory Toad in the Hole with Red Bell Peppers
1 c garbanzo bean flour
1/2 c tapioca flour
1 cup of bell peppers, diced
1 package of Italian chicken sausages (or vegan chorizo from trader joes)
1 1/2 c water or dairy-free milk (I used 1 c unsweetened coconut milk and 1/2 c water)
1/2 sweet onion, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 t italian seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put sausages in one layer in a casserole dish. Tuck sliced onions in between. Stick in oven for ten minutes.
3. Meanwhile, mix flours, eggs, milk and seasoning.
4. Remove casserole dish from oven. Rotate the sausages. Add the bell pepper and garlic. Stick in oven for ten more minutes and turn the oven up to 425 degrees.
5. Once timer is up, remove and add the flour/egg/milk mixture. Bake for another 25 minutes or until set (and toothpick comes out clean).