I made these a while back and have yet to post them. They were a small snack I could tote around for Amaressa to munch on. They were also delicious with warm milk. Keep them in a sealed container or they get too dry.
I was asked by a reader to create nut-free, gluten-free, dairy-free cookies and here is one to try. Sorry Rebecca this has taken so long to put up. I have a couple more in the works and am excited to share them with you.
Also I love cinnamon but if it's not your cup of tea, feel free to omit it or lessen to 1/2 teaspoon. You could also substitute nutmeg (only use 1/4 to 1/2 though).
2 cups rolled oats (certified gluten free if you have a gluten intolerance)
2/3 cup rice flour
1/4 cup arrowroot flour
1 ts cinnamon
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/4 c applesauce (if you don't have applesauce, feel free to sub more oil)
1/4 c coconut oil, softened
1/2 c maple syrup'
1/3 c craisins (or other dried fruit)
1/4 c chopped chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Mix wet ingredients in seperate bowl.
4. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Add craisins and chocolate.
5. Drop spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet.
6. Bake 12-16 minutes or until golden.