I think it does pretty up the house a bit! What do you think?
Before beginning this, we read 1 Corinthians 13 and discussed the definition of love according the bible. What it looks like to our friends and family.
Originally I thought ribbon and hot glue gun but that wasn't 5-year-old-friendly. Back to the drawing board (I mean, craft table)... and I thought of an alternative - washi tape!
We were both pleased with the end result! A sweet, little decoration just in time for Valentine's Day!
After reading Living Well, Spending Less: 12 Secrets of the Good Life, I've been attempting to use what we have on hand. This forces us to be more creative! Originally, I had a different idea for our Valentine's decoration but this turned out great (and also taught both of us an important lesson, God provides!).
1 Corinthians 13 Valentine's Day Wreath
What you'll need:
Washi tape (alternatively you can use ribbon and glue gun)
Letter Stickers (we used felt stickers)
Paper + Printer (for the cut-out hearts)
1. Form your wire hanger into a heart. Pull down on bottom til a "V" forms then curve the upper pieces. Twirl the hanger head with pliers into a curlyque to hang (and it looks less like a clothes hanger that way).
2. With washi tape, cover the whole heart. (For the straight bottom sides, we laid out washi tape length-wise and laid hanger on top of it then folded it around the metal). For the curves, we wound the tape around.
3. Cut out triangles from cardstock (need about 3" triangles). We used pink cardstock. Punch holes out of the top of the cardstock. Put stickers on banner then string ribbon through, tying it to the top sides of the heart.
paper hearts I created available here. Cut outside the red hearts to leave the border.
5. Read 1 Corinthians 13 and as you read, hang up each "description of love" with your mini clothespins.
6. Hang the Wreath and enjoy!