Friday, August 29, 2014

Good Morning Sunshine Carrot Sunbutter Smoothie

Good morning sunshine!


Today is the day... the day when my son is due. I know its just a day they predict and really has no bearing on when baby is born but our daughter was born on her due date so we have this preemptive hopeful feeling. Will it be today? Tonight will I get to hold my son in our arms? We are waiting with anxious hearts, little one.



Celebrate these lovely hot days with a yummy smoothie and enjoy the sunshine this weekend before school hits!

There are two ways to make this smoothie - with orange juice or with fresh oranges. Both are delicious and taste like a rich Orange Julius with addition of sunflower seed butter. Feel free to add a little vanilla protein powder if you need the boost or some strawberries for extra Vitamin C.

Carrot Sunbutter Smoothie
1 frozen banana
1 large orange, peeled
2-3 large raw carrots, peeled
1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
1 1/2 cup unsweetened milk of choice (I used almond vanilla)

If using orange juice:
1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup unsweetened milk of choice
1 frozen banana
2-3 large raw carrots, peeled
1/2 cup sunflower seed butter

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness darling!! Huge congratulations on becoming a mama of 2!!
    I have been reading all your recent blog posts word for word to get the full scoop... But I can't find anything other than your 'breastfeeding-friendly' bars ;)
    I know it's a boy so huge congratulations! So when was he born?? That night?? ;)
    I also became a mom of 2 this year ;)
    My second girl was born on June 1st, her due date was May 30th but my first daughter was 3 weeks early so I was packed a full month early for this one too because you never know ;)
    I hope all is well and your beautiful family is healthy and happy ;)
    xoxo ella

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...