With all ingredients, this pizza is surprisingly satisfying but not heavy. The tofu ranch spread (used in place of the cheese and ranch on other buffalo pizzas) adds some protein to the pizza. Cooked and shredded chicken can replace the cauliflower in this recipe.
For the pizza crust, I used namaste pizza crust to cut down on the prep time. I love their their pizza crust - thin and crispy. It is available on amazon for a pack of 6 Namaste Foods Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix, (Pack of 6) . If you want to make your own, there are plenty of gluten-free pizza crust recipes out there, including ones made from cauliflower! A great way to add extra vegetables. Especially if you are using chicken instead of the cauliflower below.
Big Blue Eyes, our two year old, loved this pizza. We had leftovers for a few days (which kept really well). I'm looking forward to making it again!
To make Buffalo Pizza
1 head of cauliflower (or 10 oz bag of frozen cauliflower)
1 pizza crust
1 red bell pepper and several green onions, or veggies of choice, chopped/sliced
Creamy Tofu Ranch Spread (recipe below)
Homemade Honey BBQ (recipe below) or bbq sauce of choice
1. Preheat oven to 400 and prepare pizza according to instructions.
2. Chop cauliflower and place in pan. Pre-cook BOTH pizza crust and cauliflower for twenty minutes.
3. Toss cauliflower (or chicken if substituting) with bbq sauce.
4. Layer the pizza crust with creamy tofu ranch spread, then the sliced veggies, and then bbq cauliflower.
5. Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes. SERVE with love!
This ranch spread is great for spreading on veggies or thinning with olive oil and a little extra apple cider vinegar or lemon juice to make a salad dressing. It adds protein from the tofu and antioxidants from the herbs to your meal!
Creamy Tofu Ranch Spread
1 package extra firm tofu
1 tsp apple cider vinegar (or vinegar of choice)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp dried dill
1 tsp dried parsley (or a big handful fresh)
1/2 tsp oregano
2 Tb sesame seeds (or 1 Tb tahini)
1/2 tsp salt
Add sesame seeds to food processor* and grind several minutes. Add tofu and process until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and process til combined.
* I used my Cuisinart DLC-10S Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor, White which is currently available on amazon for $99 (normally twice that price). Gotta love a good deal!
Homemade Honey BBQ (or bbq sauce of choice)
2 Tb tomato paste
2 tsp soy sauce
2 Tb apple cider vinegar
2 tsp tapioca starch
1/4 tsp Onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
4 Tb honey (or liquid sweetener of choice)
1 1/2 Tb dijon mustard
2 Tb olive oil
Pinch of chili powder
In a bowl, whisk in each ingredient until smooth.
I hope you enjoy your gluten and dairy free pizza!