Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Strawberry Pushup Popsicles


These pushup popsicle molds work great for freezing leftover smoothies, juice, and tea concoctions. My three year old is going through a phase where she doesn't want to drink smoothies (unless of course they have chocolate in them like my Red Velvet Cake Smoothie) but she does love eating a popsicle. When she was a baby, I loved using these Mini Ice Lolly Set but now she is bigger these Sunsella Mighty Popsare amazing! You can fill one of them, pop on the lid, and freeze. Or you can make a whole batch! I think they are a lot more convenient than regular popsicle molds and they are BPA free and dishwasher safe!

We had a garage sale this last weekend with my sister and her three kids. It was so fun yet exhausting! These were a sweet treat on one of the days. I was particularly tickled when my two year old nephew asked me if I could keep the rest of his "warm" so he could enjoy it later. I had to do a little bit of explaining to him on that one. It was nice to take a break and help him out. Goodness, children are so precious! And often times I get caught up in the moment or in my busy schedule and forget to enjoy them.

So I hope these strawberry pushup popsicles find you enjoying a little respite with your family.

Strawberry Pushup Popsicles
4 cups strawberries (frozen if fresh is not available), washed and stems removed
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or coconut milk (coconut water is also a great alternative to replenish electrolytes)
Seeds from 1/2 vanilla bean (I ordered these juicy fellows)
2-3 TB agave, honey or maple syrup (optional)

Blend all ingredients together. Pour into popsicle molds (I used these Sunsella Mighty Pops) and freeze. When ready to enjoy, remove the popsicle mold from freezer and the bottom end under hot water for 30 seconds. These babies will pop right out after!

Alternatively, if you don't have a blender. You can soften the strawberries by cooking them in 2 TB water for 8-10 minutes and then mashing everything together.

Enjoy! And beat the heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...