Serve with strawberries and chopped pistachios for a pretty presentation! A lovely treat for Mother's Day or Easter.
Cardamom Yogurt Almond Cake with Strawberries and Pistachios
2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup flaxseed
2 tsp baking powder
6 cardamom pods
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup coconut yogurt (I used So Delicious plain coconut yogurt)
1/2 cup evaporated cane sugar
Zest from 1 Lemon
2 tsp vanilla
For garnish: Strawberries and Pistachios
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Break pods of cardamom and save seeds within. Grind flaxseeds and cardamom seeds in a coffee grinder.
3. Combine dry ingredients. Combine wet ingredients in seperate bowl.
4. Whisk wet into dry and keep stirring until well-incorporated.
5. Bake in pie plate or 9" cake pan for 40 minutes.