Sunday, December 9, 2012

Cinnamon Curry Almonds (In slow cooker) for the Holidays

These flavors has been ocuppying my mind lately. It kept calling for me to try it...
{Pin this}
{Pin this}
Spicy Saigon Cinnamon combined with the rich depth of curry and coarse sea salt plus with a little sweetener, shredded coconut, and calcium-rich sesame seeds. The seeds, honey and coconut flakes create a crunchy exterior which pairs lovely with the toasty almonds. It reminds me a little of brown sugar almonds but without all the sugar and fat.

These almonds would be wonderful with dried cranberries and dark chocolate. And tied in some lovely clear bags or jars, they make a tasty gift.

Trying this in my slow cooker was not an original idea. After dreaming of these almonds, I saw this recipe on pinterest over at Detrimental Beauty and I knew I had try my hand at using the crock pot for toasting nuts. Her recipe looks equally delicious so go give it a look.

{Pin this}

Cinnamon Curry Almonds with Coconut and Sesame Seeds
3 cups almonds
3/4 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup sesame seeds
4 tsp curry powder of your choice
2 tsp course sea salt
2 TB Saigon cinnamon
1/2 cup liquid sweetener (I used 1/4 honey and 1/4 cup maple syrup)
2 TB coconut oil

Optional add-ins (add after everything has cooked):
Chocolate Chips or Chopped Dark Chocolate
Dried Cranberries
Dried Mango
Popped Popcorn

Directions:
1. Add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Turn on low for two hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
2. Remove from crockpot and spread across parchment paper to cool.
3. Store in glass jars or pretty baggies and gift or enjoy yourself!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!
    Just simply beautiful - ingredients, recipe and photography ;)
    *LOVE*
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love receiving comments from you! You are truly inspiring! Thank you.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...